Excitement is brewing in Beith as Beith Community Development Trust has been named a finalist in the prestigious Ayrshire Business Awards 2023. Our organisation has been shortlisted for the coveted Community Award, a recognition of its unwavering commitment to fostering positive change in the Garnock Valley community. The winner will be revealed at the award ceremony set to take place at the Ayr Racecourse on October 6th, and fingers and toes are crossed in anticipation!
For the past decade, Beith Trust has been at the forefront of pioneering community-driven change in the Garnock Valley. Since its establishment in 2013, the Trust has made it its mission to drive sustainable regeneration in the region. What sets us apart is our unique approach, which focuses on investing in people, the local environment, and businesses alike.
Our philosophy is simple yet powerful: it’s not enough to make a place look better without simultaneously equipping its residents with the skills, knowledge, and resources they need to be active participants in shaping their community’s future.
Beith, like many other towns across Scotland, faced the challenges brought about by the closure of mass employment industries in the 1980s. This turbulent period left Beith grappling to redefine its identity and envision a positive future. It was in response to this very challenge that Beith Trust was born.
The founders firmly believed that Beith was a unique place with immense potential. They envisioned a vibrant and engaging community that would meet the diverse needs of its residents while embodying creativity, social inclusivity, sustainability, and progressiveness.
To make this dream a reality, Beith Trust offers a wide array of services designed to uplift the community:
- Befriending Services: Providing companionship and support for individuals who may be experiencing loneliness or isolation.
- Out-of-School Childcare Provision: Ensuring parents have access to reliable childcare services that align with their work schedules.
- Family Support Services: Offering assistance to families facing various challenges, promoting a nurturing and stable environment.
- Community Projects: Focusing on culture, heritage, nature, and play, these projects aim to enrich the lives of community members and strengthen their bond with the area.
- Employability: Equipping individuals with the skills and knowledge needed to access meaningful employment opportunities.
- Volunteering: Encouraging community members to actively participate in shaping their surroundings and giving back to their neighbours.
- Child Care & Play: Providing essential childcare services while fostering a playful and supportive environment for children.
As we await the results of the Ayrshire Business Awards 2023, we’re keeping everything crossed in anticipation. This nomination is not just a recognition of our outstanding efforts but also a testament to the remarkable potential and development unfolding in Beith.